Sunday, January 24, 2010

Offering Tours in Tortuguero for more than 20 years


A view of Tortuguero's main canal from the village.

My name is Castor Hunter Thomas. I've been living in Tortuguero for almost four decades and have been offering guided tours in the area for more than 20 years. I can do tours of nesting sea turtles (the peak of the season is in July and August), guided hikes and environmentally-friendly canoe tours of Tortuguero's rainforest canals - where you can see monkeys, birds and reptiles.


Leading a canoe tour.

You can find me at the Soda Dona Maria, south of the main dock. (If I'm not there, I'm on a tour). Or call my cell phone (country code 506) 8870-8634. (Unfortunately, I don't have e-mail.) But I speak fluent Spanish and fluent English and am recommended in the Lonely Planet guidebook.

For more information on Tortuguero, please visit the village website.

Thanks - and see you soon!
Castor


Baby caiman spotted during a canoe tour of the canals.




 Castor Hunter Thomas.